This is my first own design after I have build an Elektor® DAC (PCM63) which I didn’t find very satisfactory. With this design I was mainly working on the analog side of things as the design of the filter and output stage and the power supply. I wasn’t very much aware of jitter and other digital design issues which turned out to have a major impact on the sound of a DAC.
- Crystal® CS8412 digital input receiver
- Burr Brown® DF1700 digital filter
- Burr Brown® PCM63-PK digital/analog converters
- I/V conversion and 1st order filtering using a discrete opamp design
- Push-pull voltage regulators
The discrete opamp is influenced by Kaneda amplifier designs of that time.
Download schematics and PCB design as PDF file: